Thursday, July 20, 2006

My name is Hee-Joon. I live in Toronto with another family now. I was in Korea 6 days ago. I am 14 years old. There are 3 members of my family in Korea. After 2 months, I will move to London, Ontario with them.


I learn english with Michael. I meet Michael on Monday, Thursday and Friday. I will learn by reading a book, writing a book report , conducting interviews and keeping a list of new words.

I have to know a lot of words. So I make a list of new words. The following is my list of new words:

1. elaborate to write about in detail.

2. plural more than one

3. conduct to direct the course of; manage or control

4. expand to increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge.

5. mockery the act of making fun of; ridicule

6. tease to make fun of.

7. poverty the state of being poor.

8. separation The act or process of separating

9.escapade adventure

10. synonym same in meaning

11 bankrupt without money

12. newsstand a place selling newspapers; a small store selling newspapers

I will read the book " The LION, the WITCH and the WARDROBE".

No comments: